Monday, May 16, 2011

A Mother’s Day Sandwich


All you truly need to make a good sandwich is the bread and the meat.  It’s all the other additions that make the sandwich great.  The tomato, lettuce, mayo - again, not needed, but very much preferred.

My mother’s day was the sandwich.  Perfectly good all on it’s own.  I woke up to a beautiful day, a loving husband and the most perfect little boy I could’ve ever asked for.  Brunch at Ocean Prime (My favorite!  Having one in Dallas makes me feel just a little more at home.) and an afternoon shopping at North Park Mall.  I couldn’t have asked for a better Mother’s Day.



But I got one - actually I got a whole week.  Because my mother’s day was sandwiched.  By mothers :)

In the days before mother’s day, my mother-in-law came to visit.  Her first trip to Dallas was amazing.  As a family, we ventured through the Dallas arboretum, ate Tex-Mex in Uptown and Lake played with his first set of Legos.  His Daddy’s Legos, in fact. Nonni saved them some 25 years and traveled to Texas with them in hand.



Then in the days following mother’s day, my Mom (and Dad) came to visit.  It was my Mom’s 2nd trip to Dallas (she helped us move in) and it couldn’t have come sooner.  We visited The Sixth Floor Museum, shopped at the Galleria Mall,  and rode the Uptown Trolley.  Before their departure to Ohio,  Mimi presented Lake with his very own sweeper.  He is officially a bonnafide cleaning boy.



The past two week’s experiences, just condiments to my sandwich.  Thank you to my Moms for making it taste soo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment