Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Girl Can Change Her Mind. . .


I was just a little girl when my mom first told me she hated Texas.

To be fair, she had only lived here for a short time after my dad was drafted, just before he was being shipped-off to Vietnam.  So her brief stay in the Lone Star State was anything but a happy time, I’m sure.

My entire life, I imagined Texas as a tumbleweed infested, gun wielding, sweaty upper-lip kinda place. 

The taste in my mouth was so bad that shortly after we got married, I went to the extent of telling Mark, “The only place I absolutely won’t live is Texas.”

[*Visualize me eating my own words here.]

So after almost a year of living in downtown Dallas, in an urban little apartment with an amazing view, drinking some of the best margaritas I could ever imagine and meeting some wonderful people who have become great friends, I have learned to love it here. 

And I’ve learned that there is no tumbleweed in Dallas, and not everyone carries a weapon.  As for the sweaty upper-lip. . .well, in 110 degree summer days, it simply cannot be avoided.

Bottom line – I’ve learned to love Texas so much, that we went ahead and did this:






We purchased our first HOME in Texas!  Turns out we’re here to stay.

Looks like my mom’s gonna have to learn to love it now, too.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats and enjoy! Post more pics once you have the place all set up... I love getting decorating ideas from others. :)

    ReplyDelete